Ruths ReVamp - Move-Out Cleaning Paid For & Not What We Received
Update added by user Aug 24
8/24/2016: 5 Weeks Later and Unresolved.Per Ruth's response on my BBB complaint: check was mailed to old address, new address received after it was mailed, waited for check to be returned to personally deliver and it has never been returned.
Dismissed the fact that 85% of the items on the Move Out checklist she provided were either NOT done or they had to redone due to poor quality.She mentioned that she had to bring her children due to day camp issue yet other client I visited with said she brought her children to help her clean twice = the only 2 times she hired her and had the similar problem especially with floors.
Update added by user Aug 01
8.1.2016 Correspondence from 8 days ago to Ruth remains unanswered. The supposed check that she mailed 2 weeks ago today, to the home that we had JUST moved out of when she arrived has yet to be received. The check is said to be for half of what I paid her for services incomplete and completely unacceptable.
Original review posted by user Jul 25
I hired Ruth Maldonado from Ruth’s ReVamp, Lewisville Texas, for a move-out cleaning. When deciding on date to come, I asked her if she had help since I was concerned about the amount of time to get the job done. Ruth told me she would have some help on Friday night. When Ruth arrived at my home, we were taking a load out of the house and she came in with 2 children. While Ruth cleaned, her daughter did the mopping. I did a walk thru with Ruth showing her what was and was not important such as vacuuming the carpet in the 3 bedrooms (not important) and half the master vanity that I had my items still on. There was one small pile of boxes in the master bedroom and the built in bench below the window in the kitchen was where we had all our cleaning products stashed to keep in the house until the very last day. The house was mostly empty as we just spent Friday with a moving company taking our items out. I told Ruth that if she had to go around something, that would be fine. She asked if she should come back on Sunday when the house was totally empty and I said she could come back if she felt that would be better for her and she did stay. I told her to do her best and I would get what was missed. Ruth had sent me the move-out checklist so I felt confident leaving her the cash on my mantel as I left including a tip.
Since I trusted Ruth, I did not go back to the house until early Sunday morning in which I had to meet the owner of the house at 3PM to do a walk-thru and get my $2,500 deposit back. I had not heard from Ruth after the cleaning was complete and I was a little surprised she didn’t check in. When I arrived, I first saw the streaked and blurry wood laminate flooring, and then I saw the dark wood looking tile streaked and with a white smear across the top, as well. Then I looked at the windows and window sills and the base boards and I was shocked. The work was not only very low quality, but most of it was NOT even touched. One ceiling fan was only partially dusted leaving lines of dust across what could be seen on the blades of the fan. Several light fixtures remained untouched as did most areas of this 2,100 sq. foot home. The master bathroom new shower glass looked great, but there was truly little that I could possibly find that was acceptable. I could see she cleaned the mirror, but the top was still dirty. The tub was clean before her arrival, yet she didn’t clean the edge which was easily seen. I did have to request additional time from the owner of the home as I feverishly redid the entire home with a few other adults. Although she doesn’t do more than ‘dusting baseboards’ per her messages to me, she didn’t touch them and did not claim to do it that day when I mentioned it. I truly spent 2 days not only doing the touch up work that I planned to do on Sunday, but also what I had hired Ruth to do which was a move-out cleaning.
I have been on the business side, cleaning side and consumer side of cleanings and this was the worst move-out cleaning seen to date. She could not have been there more than 2 hours, I assume much less. By Ruth not doing what she was paid to do, it trickled down and caused other issues that essentially ended up in 2 more days of rent being charged and the grass growing enough for the owner to make me pay for it to be done again.
Ruth truly did minimal wet work and it appears she mostly did a light surface cleaning and missed most. After taking over a dozen photos, I was unable to get a refund from Ruth and she claimed she would return half the money. She tells me in a text that she mailed a check for half of the money to the home she just cleaned- the home I just moved out of- the home she just did a move-out cleaning in. It has been a week and the check has not been received and when I inquired about how long she was going to wait to resolve this with me after mailing a partial refund to a home I no longer live in, I was ignored. I gave Ruth 3 solid chances at making this right. Just give me a refund for the true *** I went through that weekend when all was going so well. It was not only truly embarrassing to have to admit to others I had hired her to do this, but that I left the money for her and we had to do the home ourselves. Due to chronic pain I have, I hired Ruth in good faith. After the amount of time needed to do the items not touched, my work I had planned to do, and the areas that needed redone, I was hurting like no other. It has been one week and my right hand is still going numb from all the detail work she chose not to do. I had no choice as I did not have the funds to pay another person nor the time. Like I said, I gave Ruth 3 solid chances in a week to make this right and refund my money in which she absolutely refuses to do so. I will never again recommend her to anyone nor will I ever use her again. I think she may only be good at cleaning – clean homes. If she underbid the job, that is her responsibility and she is liable to complete the work. Talk about true disappointment that ended up costing me and a few others both time and money in addition to me physically paying for this job she should have at least done partially well. I do have every piece of correspondence saved in addition to over a dozen photos and multiple adult witnesses. I am not sure yet as to how I will go about recovering my loss, but I am not a happy customer whatsoever. You can hire her, but it is going to be a gamble.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of detail
- Lack of responsibility taken
- How the issue was not resolved
- Quality of work
- How the majority of the items on her checklist were not touched
You May Also Like
- "I hired Stanley steamer to clean my kitchen and bathroom tile and grout. I had used them two years prior and the 5 Yr old grout looked like it did..."
- "Beware the Razok Manitoba Heating and Cooling A/C Air Duct Cleaning Scam! So at this point in my life having come across countless scams either personally or through friends and..."
- "My carpets was dirty and remained dirty..They solution is not good at all this is what they did!! Am I a pissed costumer yes I am!! After using awesome and..."
- "Waited 40 mins for an order. watched 3 tables get seated later and eat before. Waiter was very rude demanding I sign my receipt before I had my food. When..."
- "Anyway on 3/08/16 i purchased a intex 22in highrise air bed and about 6 more items from walmart and i purchased the 2yr. Protection plan with the mattress alright 2..."
- "I ordered a pallet of sod and told them to put the pallet in the middle of the driveway as the house was a vacant investment property that I was..."
- "Bought it. Loved it. It fit perfectly and was one of my favorite pieces. I followed care instructions precisely and it shrank dramatically. Dressbarn won't refund/credit me for it or..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."
- "SW128 Uneven Women’s Batwing Sleeve Destroyed Ripped Slouchy Sweater Pullover Hollow Out Loose Fit Jumper Tops Knitwear Smock SIZE INFORMATION: (Flat-measuring) Bust- 125cm; Shoulder(Dropped)- 64cm; Sleeve- 35cm; Shoulder to hem length(Front/Back)- 52cm/64cm (1inch=2.54cm,1-3cm..."